New York, USA
Tell us about yourself.
- Hey! My name is Stephanie and I'm a 25 year old Dominican from New York. I'm an actor, model, aspiring screenwriter and the biggest nerd you've ever met :)
What is your biggest dream?
- My biggest dream is to have my own production company. I want to help create films (and bring ideas to life) that move people. In addition to acting, modeling, screenwriting, and potentially directing one day.
What does it mean to be your own kind of beautiful?
- To me it means not constantly seeking validation, because I promise you that you are beautiful just the way you are. Your own kind of beautiful should make you the happiest because you are uniquely you. I value humbling myself, enjoying life, laughing, and loving with all my heart. I believe that makes me my own kind of beautiful.
Tell us about your modeling experience.
- I was scouted via Model Mayhem after using it for a week back in fall 2018. I then caught the modeling bug and I've been modeling ever since. I hope to continue to do so, since I've been doing it for a few months and would like to become an influential model to those who don't feel like they're good enough, like I once did. I'm proud to say that I AM ENOUGH and you are too!
What is your dream brand to model for?
- My dream brand to model for would have to be Forever 21. Just like most people (I would like to think haha) half my wardrobe is from their collection and it would be awesome to see myself on their website, that I'm constantly browsing!
How would you describe your fashion style?
- Definitely very laid back and chill. I'd wear a hoodie and sneakers to a party before a dress and heels. My style is very street casual meets athleisure, and I'm definitely a comfort over style kinda gal.
How important is self-awareness and confidence to you in your everyday life?
- SO IMPORTANT! Growing up I didn't have self confidence and always saw myself in a poor, negative light. I was always on the heavier side and as such endured childhood bullying, but it made me stronger and the person I am today. As I grew older and wiser, I became more comfortable and confident in my skin. I realized it's whats on the inside that counts the most because the outside will fade in time. Having this epiphany as a youngling helped mold me and made me grateful everyday. Grateful to be young, healthy, and vibrant. But most importantly, happy! Self awareness and having the confidence to know that I'm being the best me I can be, truly makes me happy.
What makes you beautiful/handsome?
- On the inside my empathy. I empathize with others and would rather hear their stories than talk about my own, I love connecting with others on an intimate level and really getting to know their personas. On the outside my smile because it's big and cheesy.
What would you say to another girl/guy your age who is struggling with their confidence?
- I would say, that I know some days can be bad. I know you can look in the mirror and think the worst, because I definitely did at one point. What I can promise you is that you can have good days if you allow yourself to! Get off social media, stop seeking validation and quit comparing yourself to others (easier said than done) but trust me you're fabulous just the way you are. No one can bring the energy you bring in the room and that should make you feel confident in yourself, because you are more than just your looks!